Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(Re)Schedule

Ahhh....the perfect remedy for "senioritis": Two classes canceled and a full fridge. I'm using this morning to get organized (laundry, organize closet, figure out my schedule) AND work on a new recipe! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all of this extra sage I have in the fridge and I made the most delicious concoction this morning!! Sage Parmesan Biscuits! I'm really loving biscuits right now, and I've found a few different ways to make them without buttermilk. Here's my cream biscuit version!! Enjoy!

Sage Parmesan Biscuits
Makes 12 

2 Cups Flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbs finely chopped fresh sage
2 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
1-1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbs unsalted butter, melted

*Mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, sage, and parmesan in medium sized bowl.
*Slowly add cream (use more or less if dry)
*Kneed for 1 minute and pat into a square about 1/2" thick
*Cut into 12 pieces and round off corners
*Place on baking sheet, brush with melted butter, and top with parmesan cheese.
*Bake 6 at a time for about 12 minutes in a 425 degree oven or until golden brown.
*Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment