Monday, April 4, 2011

(Re)cycled---DIY Tea Party

I'm planning on throwing a tea party for my soon to be "real people" girlfriends. We're graduating from college in 45 days (but who's counting??) and will soon be parting ways to start our big people lives. There can't be anything more nostalgic than a tea party, and there can't be anything more fun than sun dresses and fruit tarts! First step in the planning is the party favors. "Tea bags" made from cut up brown paper lunch bags, needle'n thread, and loose leaf tea. 
Super easy, super cheap, super adorable. 


I just started making the invitations. I used the brown paper bags to write out the invitations, crumpled it up to look worn and stuffed them in same paper lunch bags which I folded into envelopes. I tied some tiny bows and sealed the envelope with chocolate scented candle wax! The smell of chocolate will definitely be enough to entice my guests!! 



More tea party decorations to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment