Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(Re)Vamp

Being from Minnesota, I've had wild rice in about 3 forms. Mayo filled salad form, chicken wild rice soup form, and...I can't think of another one!! I decided to get creative with my last pack of wild rice that I brought to Philly. Here's what I came up with!!

Mayo-less Wild Rice Salad

2 cup wild rice (cooked)
1/4 cup crasins 
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp orange zest
Salt and pepper to taste

*In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, orange zest, salt and pepper.
*Add the cooked rice, crasins, and almonds
*I let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors soak into the rice.
*Green onions would be great on top, I just didn't have any!

Mayo-less Wild Rice Salad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Blueberry Wild Rice Muffins

1 1/4 cups flour
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
4 tbs oil
3 tbs agave nectar
2 eggs
1 cup cooked wild rice
1 cup fresh blueberries

*Mix flour, baking powder, and salt
*Add milk, oil, agave nectar, and eggs
*Mix until all the bumps are out
*Fold in the rice and blueberries
*Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake in a 425 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until tops are brown.
*Eat for breakfast, or with soup! 

UFFDA! THESE ARE GOOD!!

Blueberry Wild Rice Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment