Tuesday, April 26, 2011

(Re)Do

After a few failed attempts at a soft boiled egg this morning, I finally got the timing juuuust right! 4.5 minutes in a boiling pot. I LOVED eating soft boiled eggs when I was a little kid. My mom has the cutest egg cups and I remember always fighting over the coolest cup with my brother. (Man, we could fight about anything couldn't we?) Well, since my mom is coming tomorrow I thought I would practice so I can get it just right for her. The only problem I had was the lack of egg cups! After rummaging in the cupboards and not even finding a shot glass, I saw the bag of biscuits I made last week. I cut an egg sized hole in the middle of the stale biscuit and plopped my egg right in there! If only they were fresh...it would have been so yummy to soak up the yolk with! Woo hoo for improvising! Now I have a new take on soft boiled eggs to share with my momma tomorrow!!!! 

Make-shift egg cup


Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment