Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(Re)Think

I love food. Obviously. But I also love being healthy. I love making food that everyone loves which is why I don't usually make the healthiest things...Well this morning after I made my cream based biscuits I thought I should maybe (Re)Think my breakfasts and snacks. I'm being realistic in the sense that not every meal can be a healthy one, so breakfast and snack time is where I'm going to start! Here's my recipe for homemade granola. I've become obsessed after learning how to make it at Pure Fare! I didn't know it was so easy to make!! It'll conquer that sweet tooth, and give you a boost of grains! Get creative with the ingredients, this just my version and a base just to start off of!!

Cranberry Maple Pecan Granola

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup crasins, lightly chopped
1/2 cup maple syrup (real maple syrup! No Aunt Jemima)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs oil (I used grape seed)
pinch of salt

*Mix all ingredients together
*Spread on baking sheet
*bake in a 300 degree oven for about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to make sure it evenly cooks.
*Eat with yogurt, alone, or package it and give it to a friend!

Enjoy the healthy recipe :)

Just out of the oven! Mmmmmmm

Perfect gift idea!


Have a happy, healthy day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE!!!

I made another batch of granola! Here's the recipe

Almond Prune Granola

2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup prunes, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch of nutmeg

*Mix ingredients in a large bowl
*Spread on a baking sheet
*Bake in 300 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to get an even brown!  



No comments:

Post a Comment