Monday, May 16, 2011

(Re)st

Now that I've started baking every morning at Pure Fare, I usually get home at 10:30 or 11:00...in the morning. That means I leave my house at 5:30...in the morning. I really like it though! I take a little cat nap when I get home and then I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. 
Robbie and I bought a bag of arepa flour awhile back. He had a flashback in the grocery store of being in Colombia and NEEDED to get it...we haven't even opened the bag. SO today after my nap, I decided to figure out what these arepas are. I mixed up a couple for lunch to make sure I knew what I was doing for dinner and they were AWESOME!! Here's my first batch of arepas EVER, and I'm going to jazz'm up tonight for dinner with black beans, roasted corn, and more cheese! Here's round one!!


Arepas

1 cup Arepa flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbs butter
1/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese
1 Tbs olive oil

*Slowly mix milk and water to arepa flour.
*Once mixed together, knead in butter and cheese.
*Form the dough into small disks
*Cover frying pan with olive oil and cook on each side until lightly browned (about 5 minutes)
*Top with anything you want! I used pico, cheese, and sour cream. Black beans or any kind of meat would be great too!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment