Wednesday, June 1, 2011

(Re)Start

I'M MELLLLLLTINGGGGG!!!! This lake girl is NOT happy about it being 95 degrees in this concrete city! I need water! A pond, a creek, a swamp, a PUDDLE! ANYTHING! Instead, I've resorted to blasting the air conditioning. I'm having an identity crisis and counting down the days until I'm at the lake. 32. 

Ok,Drama queen...get a grip. Talk about food.

I've been getting very behind in my posts. I'm sorry! I've been waking up at 5 every day and baking my buns off, taking naps, having guests, oh and graduating from college!! I'm a real person now!! Here's some of the grownup food I've been making for my grownup guests for the past couple of weeks! Enjoy the long post. It's my way of apologizing for not giving you anything for the past couple weeks  :)


Lemon Spinach Baked Pasta

I made this dish when Jessica and Ambrose were visiting. It was super easy, filling, and simple.

EVOO-extra virgin olive oil
3/4 lb shell pasta (or whatever you have)
salt (to taste) I used about 1/2 tsp
1 chopped yellow onion
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds, toasted
*zest of 2 lemons
8 oz fresh mozzarella, in chunks

*Boil the pasta with a little olive oil
*Saute onions in olive oil and salt until tender 
*Add in garlic and spinach-when spinach wilts-it's done.
*Turn off heat, stir in 1 cup of almonds and half the lemon zest
*Add in pasta and stir until coated.
*Grease a 9x13" pan with olive oil and layer pasta-cheese-pasta-end with cheese.
*Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 375 degree oven. 
*Serve with the remaining almonds and a yummy salad!

(recipe adapted from: 101 cookbooks http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/baked-pasta-casserole-recipe.html)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Ok, I did not make this-but I had to share it's amazingness with you!! Robbie and I went to the Italian Market Festival a couple of weeks ago and FINALLY ate at Sabrina's. The wait to eat brunch there on the weekend is always between 30 minutes and an hour and 30 minutes so we've never gone...BIG MISTAKE! It was quirky, quick, and so good I ate the "leftovers" in the car on the way home. I had some sort of spicy egg sandwich with hot peppers, pepper jack cheese, and salsa. Robbie had the eggs benedict which also looked amazing. I can't wait to go back! 
Chalkboard art! (Mom, you need to try this one!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A wise woman once told me...hahaha
Well my mom has told me many wise things, and now I can be reminded every day by this little owl she gave me for graduation! The first wise choice as a college grad? No, not learning to manage my finances or drive a stick shift without crying. Having a healthy snack that's almost as good as a cocktail? YES!! 

Banana Pro-tini

1 banana
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2 Tbs soy milk

Blend it all together and that's it!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this extra long post makes up for my lack of posting! I promise to try and be more interesting and make some more yummy things!

Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment