Tuesday, May 10, 2011

(Re)ally?!?!?!

Wait...I'm done for the year?? REALLY?!? I'm so happy to be on summer vaca!! I'm getting some hours in baking at Pure Fare, attempting to downsize my closet, and catching some rays! It couldn't get any better :) I worked early this morning (6 am!!) so I was done before noon. My friend Courtney was cleaning out her closet and gave me a few adorable dresses and shirts! (Okay, so I'm failing at downsizing my closet...) When I got home I put on one of my new vintage dresses and instantly felt domestic. Here's the recipe for my lemon tart! It's super sweet, yummy, and matches my dress! ENJOY!!

My vintage dress makes me
feel so domestic! 


Vintage Lemon Tart

Crust:
4 Tbs unsalted butter
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c crushed almonds
2 Tbs almond oil (or any kind of oil)
pinch of salt

*In medium bowl, kneed the ingredients together until they are "graham cracker-y" and sticking together. Add more oil if needed.
*Press the crust into a pie dish and bake at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until starting to brown.

Filling:
1/2 c fresh lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
1/2 c white sugar
6 Tbs butter (chopped)
2 eggs
2 egg yolks 

*Mix the lemon juice, zest, and sugar in a bowl. 
*Add the chunks of butter and lemon mixture to a saucepan and cook until butter is melted.
*In the meantime, whisk eggs and yolks together in a bowl.
*Once the butter has melted, slowly pour the warm lemon mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly. Once combined, pour back into saucepan. 
*Cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. 
*Pour filling into the crust and bake another 5-8 minutes to settle the filling. 
*Wait to eat until it is cool. Leave in the fridge overnight for the best results!

No comments:

Post a Comment