Sunday, May 1, 2011

(Re)mix

My mom and aunt could only get their adorable B&B for a couple of days, so now they are staying at our "B&B". As they got ready to go to the museum I mixed an oatmeal cookie recipe with a banana bread recipe to make a batch of banana bread cookies! They turned out really yummy and now they are ready to check out the Chagall exhibit! Too bad I don't get to go :( I have to stay home and write a grant proposal! Oh well, at least I have some good treats to keep me goin!!


Butter-less Banana Bread Cookies

1 banana
1/2 cup coconut oil (softened)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

*Mash the banana in a bowl, add coconut oil, brown sugar, agave nectar, and vanilla.
*In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oats.
*Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir well.
*Roll the mixture into 1" balls and bake for 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE!!
I decided to make these again but wanted to double the batch. I didn't have 2 bananas, so I finely chopped a red apple, put it in the microwave with a little water for about a minute, and mashed it in with the bananas! It worked out just fine and they are even yummier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment