Wednesday, May 4, 2011

(Re)ady

I'm done with classes and I'm SO READY to graduate!! I took a little time this morning to work on a new recipe, drink some tea, and think about this crazy time in my life. Don't worry, I'm not gonna get all sappy and talk about how wonderful everyone and everything in my life is (even though it is all pretty great) but I am going to talk about how awesome these muffins are!! I wanted to make "healthy muffins" and I pretty much stuck with that goal. Here's my recipe for Carrot Quinoa Muffins.

Carrot Quinoa Muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 cup cooked quinoa 
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 c part skim ricotta 
1/4 cup greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/8 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla

*Mix flour baking soda, powder, and cinnamon.
*add the carrots, ricotta, yogurt, eggs, agave, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla.
*Add cooked quinoa last.
*The batter will be very thick so don't be alarmed-Scoop into a floured muffin tin and bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Check with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
*Enjoy with a cup of tea, or soup!!

***Let me know if you have an suggestions on the recipe. Like I said, it's brand new and may have some kinks to be worked out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment