Tuesday, June 7, 2011

(Re)al Simple

For some awful reason, people pay 5+ dollars for a bag of granola when it is real simple to make at home. I was so tired after work today and needed to take a nap. I felt I still needed to be productive in some way today, so I mixed up a batch of this granola and baked it while I was sleeping! You can really put anything you want in there, but I just used what I had in my cupboards. Enjoy!

Spencer the fish eyeing my granola!!



Chocolate Nut Granola

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup agave nectar (or honey)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/8 cup chopped almonds
1/8 cup craisins
1/4 tsp salt

1/8 c dark chocolate chips

*Mix ingredients(except chocolate chips), add more water to make mix stick together if needed.
*press into a pie pan and bake at 200 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours-or until crisp
*Let the granola cool enough to handle. Crumble it onto a plate and drizzle chocolate. (I used a plastic baggie and cut a tiny hole in the corner. 
*Put in freezer until chocolate settles. Put in jar and store in fridge so the chocolate doesn't melt!!

ENJOY!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment