Tuesday, June 14, 2011

(Re)ality Check!!!

It's official-I'm moving in 2 weeks and I have nothing packed. My apartment that I love so dearly looks just as lived in as it did last week. This is not good. I have SO much stuff! How does that happen in only 2 years?? Oh yeah, because I'm a borderline hoarder. No, I don't have any awesome tips on organizing and "getting it together"...I just have a new cookie recipe that distracted me this afternoon when I should have been "getting it together." The cookie itself is pretty basic-sugar, flour, butter, vanilla...but I cleaned out my cupboards a bit (see, I tried to clean!) and added chopped prunes and walnuts. The frosting was last minute when I found chocolate chips and powdered sugar after I had put the cookies in the oven. I'm glad I found them because the frosting really make the cookies look fancy!! Enjoy, and send me good vibes for packing...maybe I'll "get it together" tomorrow?


Fancy Prune Walnut Cookies

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c dark brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped walnuts
1/2 cup pitted and chopped prunes
1/4 cup milk

Frosting:
1 c powdered sugar
2-4 Tbs milk (add slowly)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c finely chopped dark chocolate chips

*Mix the butter, sugars, vanilla, egg, and milk in bowl.
*Mix the remaining ingredients and add to butter mixture.
*Drop cookies onto baking pan (about 2 1/2 tsp a cookie, they spread quite a bit) 
*Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes
*While in the oven, mix ingredients for frosting. 
*Let the cookies cool completely before frosting
*ENJOY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment